1. Second Draft is a training, development, pitching and networking workshop, dedicated to short film screenwriters, organized by Control N, with the support of the National Center of Cinematography.
2. The first edition of Second Draft takes place in Bucharest, April 20 – 27, 2014.
3. The number of participants in the workshop is 8.
4. Second Draft addresses all those interesting in writing and developing a short fiction script. The participants must be Romanian citizens, aged 18+, with or without an academic film background.
5. Second Draft offers screenwriting and development training for short fiction scripts. The training will be done by an international expert, in the frame of several seminars and work on each script in the project, dedicated exclusively to the selected participants.
6. Second Draft facilitates meetings between writers and Romanian producers during a public pitching session, organized at the end of the workshop.
7. The training offered during Second Draft covers the following stages:
Individual feedback on each participant script
Feedback on the re-writes
8. The participation fee for each project is 50 euros and should be paid in RON, through bank transfer to the bank account of the Organizer. The fee is paid once the participant is selected to take part in the workshop.
9. Following the selection process, the Organizer will offer the Second Draft Scholarship to one of the selected participants. The receiver of the Scholarship does not have to pay the participation fee.
10. The organizer will cover all expenses related to meals, accommodation (only for participants who do not reside in Bucharest).
11. Application is done online, available on the Organizer’s website, until 23:59 of the deadline. Any application received after this moment will not be considered.
12. The language of the workshop is English. The knowledge of spoken and written English is compulsory for participation in the project.
13. The selection of the 8 participants will be done by the Organizer, based on the online application. All those who submitted a project will be notified on the results.
14. Applying for the selection means agreeing with the Regulations of the project.